A great base for cooking Asian food, and as a replacement for powdered ginger in baking.
- 150 g (1½ cup) fresh ginger root
- Place ginger into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ginger into the blades.
- Cover a baking tray with plastic wrap and place rounded teaspoons 1.3 cm (½-inch) apart.
- Freeze until solid and store in plastic bag.
Use half the amount of ginger paste if a recipe calls for ground ginger. Keep refrigerated 3 weeks or in the freezer for 6 months.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|