Spice up your holidays by making a batch of these delicious biscuits, flavoured with ginger and cinnamon.
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 125 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 60 ml (¼ cup) molasses
- 200 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 165 g (¾ cup) butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, combine flours, ginger, baking soda, and Winter Spice Seasoning. Set aside.
- Place egg, molasses, sugar, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the liquid mixture from the Vitamix container to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a #40 scoop, scoop dough and roll into 1-inch balls between your hands. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
Gingersnap Biscuits is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thicks from Easy, Tasty and can make ahead of time, bake later Really good and totally worth making the winter seasoning!
Date published: 2017-12-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sweetjenny from Ginger snaps These were very easy and everyone loved them! Will make them again
Date published: 2017-12-17