Gold Medal Smoothie
Keeping you energised and alert throughout the day, the Gold Medal Smoothie lives up to its name.
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 1 banana, peeled, halved
- 80 g (½ cup) cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, cubed
- 30 g (¼ cup) carrots, halved
- 40 g (¼ cup) orange
- ¼ other lemon, peeled, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 85 g (½ cup) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 260 g (2 cups) ice cubes
- 34 g (1 scoop) protein powder, (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Gold Medal Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Strygmah from Really yummy. Super sweet. Next time I'd half the honey. It was really sweet but very good.
Date published: 2015-09-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Daylon from Taste the Rainbow! Great smoothie!! You can taste all the ingredients, it's so fresh and amazing before a long morning of skiing!
Date published: 2016-01-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kjl66 from Yummy! I'll be packaging up this recipe in individual servings to toss in freezer!!
Date published: 2019-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Babushka 15 from LOVE IT I love this recipe. It really deserves a gold meddle, it was a little sweet but good with a little bit of carrot in it.
Date published: 2018-12-16
Rated 3 out of 5 by burns_erin from This one is interesting. This one isn't my favorite, and I struggled to find the tweak that would make it amazing for me. But for a change in pace it works. For those who can't do bananas for reasons of taste or allergies, frozen sweet potato works to give it that smoothness and heft that banana adds.
Date published: 2019-07-31