Parsley Spinach Pesto
Spinach and parsley replace basil in this flavourful variation of classic pesto sauce.
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 145 g (6 cups) spinach
- 50 g (½ cup) fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 60 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend for 25-30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe makes enough to coat 680g (1½ pounds) cooked bowtie pasta.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Parsley Spinach Pesto is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JennyBee from Versatile Vitamix! I bought a Vitamix for the first time a few weeks ago, after hearing it mentioned over and over at a class on dairy-free cooking where we learned to make dairy-free "cheeses," "ice creams" etc. It's amazing, so useful in so many ways, and I'm using it to create delicious, healthy meals that I couldn't have made without it.
Date published: 2016-09-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by MayaLosAngeles from This is excellent, my husband loves it! This dip is healthy, delicious, quick and versatile. My husband was in love with it when he tried it!
Date published: 2018-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by pella254 from spinach parsley pesto I love pesto. Adding spinach was something I never thought of doing. That added a lot of extra nutrition, not to mention I love spinach. This is a great recipe and one I am keeping
Date published: 2021-01-10