Parsley Spinach Pesto
Spinach and parsley replace basil in this flavourful variation of classic pesto sauce.
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 180 g (6 cups) fresh spinach
- 30 g (½ cup) Italian flat leaf parsley
- 40 g (½ cup) soy parmesan, or parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades
- Blend for 25-30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe makes enough to coat 680g (1½ pounds) cooked bowtie pasta.
|Serving Size||57 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Parsley Spinach Pesto is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JennyBee from Versatile Vitamix! I bought a Vitamix for the first time a few weeks ago, after hearing it mentioned over and over at a class on dairy-free cooking where we learned to make dairy-free "cheeses," "ice creams" etc. It's amazing, so useful in so many ways, and I'm using it to create delicious, healthy meals that I couldn't have made without it.
Date published: 2016-09-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by pella254 from spinach parsley pesto I love pesto. Adding spinach was something I never thought of doing. That added a lot of extra nutrition, not to mention I love spinach. This is a great recipe and one I am keeping
Date published: 2021-01-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by MayaLosAngeles from This is excellent, my husband loves it! This dip is healthy, delicious, quick and versatile. My husband was in love with it when he tried it!
Date published: 2018-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hollann from Great idea What a nice change. We love pesto and this gives a fun twist on it!
Date published: 2021-06-30
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page