Poppy Seed Dressing
Apple cider vinegar gives this oil-free dressing a signature sweet-and-sour flavour.
- 240 ml (1 cup) cold water
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 10 g (1 Tablespoon) medium onion
- 120 ml (½ cup) honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 Tablespoons plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place all ingredients except for poppy seeds into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute, then reduce speed. Remove the lid plug.
- Add poppy seeds through the lid plug opening. Continue to blend for 5 more seconds.
- Pour into 1 quart (0.9 liter) microwaveable bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on High. Whisk to keep mixture smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||44 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
Poppy Seed Dressing is rated out of 5 by 15.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Suzanne R from Excellent Poppyseed Salad Dressing! Very easy to prepare, and very good. But, WAY too much sugar!
Date published: 2019-10-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by The Casual Gourmet from Tasty, easy I like it. Would add more mustard next time. Nice to have a home made dressing that doesn't separate.
Date published: 2019-07-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by LLD1 from Wonderful dressing! and sooo easy to make!! Love making this dressing fresh at home with my Vitamix! I appreciate all your recipes! Keep sending them please! especially easy ones like this one :)
Date published: 2019-07-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pina from Yummy I love this recipe. It has just the right amount of acidity and sweetness. The poppy seeds give it that texture and flavor that satisfies the taste buds. Yummy! A hot weather pleaser.
Date published: 2020-05-05
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jude2 from Needs Improvements Too much sugar, sugar not needed, I would delete the sugar or add honey instead.
Date published: 2020-02-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by Fat Jack from Huh? What? Which is it? do I put in all the ingredients in at step 1 or all but the poppy seeds as indicaed in Step 5? Please, can't you post the correct instructions It looks like a good recipe, but if the instructions are wrong, I can't figure it out.
Date published: 2018-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sanj from simple, easy Such a simple recipe, totally recommend! This taste way better than store bought.
Date published: 2020-03-15
Rated 3 out of 5 by Marciathegreat from Fair This was very easy to make but way too sweet. I would make it again with less honey.
Date published: 2020-11-13