With creamy cheese sauce and cornflake topping, this potato casserole is a potluck goner!
- 8 small russet potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 115 g (1 cup) medium onion, chopped
- 55 g (¼ cup) butter spread
- 480 g (2 cups) sour cream
- 315 ml (10½ fluidounce) low fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 115 g (1 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 120 g (1 cup) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 55 g (2 cups) corn flake cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F). Spray a 22.5 cm X 32.5 cm (9-inch X 13-inch) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the potatoes, onion, and water into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until potatoes are chopped. Pour into a colander, rinse and drain.
- Repeat with second half of potatoes.
- Place butter spread, sour cream, chicken soup, cheeses, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until mixed.
- Place potatoes and sauce in a large-size mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Spoon into baking dish.
- Press corn flake cereal over top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
For recipe variation, add 140 g (1 cup) chopped ham pieces.
|Serving Size||240 g (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Potato Casserole is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by SheilaH from Company fav! I prefer cream of celery soup, goes with a larger variety of dishes. A little fuztier than buying a bag of frozen hash browns but worth it! Be sure to use russet potatoes, firmer consistency. Nice balance of flavors, a bit different from my old recipe.
Date published: 2019-09-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by Penny B from Missing ingredient? On step 2 of the Potato Casserole recipe it says to add the water, but no water is listed in the ingredients???????
Date published: 2020-07-20