The rich flavour of allspice and cinnamon enhance the pumpkin's sweetness, while walnuts add texture to these classic autumn treats.
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light olive oil
- 245 g (1 cup) pumpkin
- 60 ml (¼ cup) skimmed milk
- 150 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 220 g (1¾ cup) plain flour
- 90 g (½ cup) plain chocolate (50% cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly coat muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Place eggs, oil, pumpkin, milk, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, flour and chocolate chips in the order listed.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup ¾ full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully remove each muffin from muffin pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a more robust flavor increase spicesor add ground ginger and other holiday spices.
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|