Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Thyme Dipping Sauce
These flavorful Brussels sprouts make the perfect dinner party side dish.
- 680 g (1½ pound) Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil, or grapeseed oil, optional
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoon Maldon salt, optional
- 3 lemons, peeled
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 90 g (9 ) deglet noor dates, pitted, or ½ cup maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, stemmed
- Heat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with safflower oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan and arrange Brussels sprouts cut side down. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and roast another 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are heavily browned.
- Place lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and thyme into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour dipping sauce into a bowl and serve with the warm Brussels sprouts.
Any remaining dipping sauce can be used as a vinaigrette on a salad, or use it throughout the week with other vegetables, fish or meat.
|Serving Size||153 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page