Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Thyme Dipping Sauce
Whether or not you enjoy Brussels sprouts, this flavorful recipe makes the perfect dinner party side dish.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 32 Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil
- Heat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with safflower oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan and arrange Brussels sprouts cut side down. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and roast another 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are heavily browned.
- Place lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and thyme into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour dipping sauce into a bowl and serve with the warm Brussels sprouts.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Thyme Dipping Sauce is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jenny1 from Tangy and Delicious! My husband and I love Brussels Sprouts so we had to try this recipe! The sauce was a snap to mix up in our vitamix! We didn't have safflower oil on hand, so we just used olive oil instead. The sprouts were delicious and the dressing was a great blend of tangy and sweet :)
Date published: 2016-02-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robbi from Very,Very nice!!!! Extremely good directions. Had to read the ingredients for that LOVELY sauce a few times because it seemed like there should be more, BUT NO !!!!! It's perfect. So delicious.
Date published: 2019-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by JannyB from Great holiday recipe! This is the best method to roast brussel sprouts! I doubled the sauce and used 1/2 tsp dried thyme. It was a hit at my holiday gathering! It even went well with the ham that I served! My sauce was not green either; more brownish from the maple syrup. It was delicious!
Date published: 2016-12-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by bahwm from A great way to cook Brussels Sprouts! I loved how the Brussels Sprouts turned out using this method of cooking, but the sauce did not look like that pretty green sauce in the photo provided. However, it had a good flavor. We did not have fresh thyme leaves in the house, so we cut the amount of thyme leaves in half and used dried. My dressing turned out to be more of a clearish vinaigrette.
Date published: 2016-12-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by TNChaska from Just ate it and we loved it! I despise Brussel Sprouts, but will admit to really enjoying this recipe. We are going to use it next time as a side with a rib roast for our annual Christmas dinner with firends
Date published: 2019-11-22