Squash abounds in the autumn and winter months, making this recipe an ideal addition to your Christmas breakfast menu.
- 8 large eggs
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) full cream milk
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 g (1¼ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 150 g (1 cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 100 g (3½ ounce) Manchego cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, roasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place eggs, milk, oil, onion, pepper, parsley, cheese and paprika into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 8.
- Turn machine on and off to pulse 8 to 10 times to chop the vegetables and cheese.
- Place the squash into a square baking pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over top. Mix gently to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|