Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Cream cheese and double cream blend with frozen strawberries to create this decadent dessert. Top with whipped cream and fresh blueberries for a burst of colour.
- 120 ml (½ cup) double cream
- 85 g (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 65 g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
- 225 g (1½ cup) frozen strawberries
- 70 g (½ cup) ice cubes
- whipped cream, for topping
- 40 g (2 cups) blueberries, for garnish
- Place double cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sugar, strawberries, and ice cubes into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
- Fill bottom half of serving glass with strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Layer with whipped topping, then fresh blueberries. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||120 g (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bliss from Creamy Deliciousness I took my Vitamix 780 out of the box 2 days ago, have been wanting one for years since first seeing the demonstrations at Costco. I gave one to my daughter for Christmas 3 years ago, but would never splurge on myself until now, call it an early Birthday present, to myself! Lol. My biggest motivating factor was my Celiac diagnosis a little over a year ago. Since I rarely eat out anymore, I wanted a Vitamix to help me make more interesting and flavorful food quickly, like this deliciously creamy strawberry cheesecake ice cream. The only alteration I made was using heavy cream in place of the half and half, as that is what I had. WOW! It was almost decadent! I will definitely be adding this to my go to “sweet tooth” recipe! Best of all it was gluten free! Thank you Vitamix! Not only for a great recipe, but for an absolutely amazing machine!
Date published: 2017-11-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Susan C from Delicious! Easy and quick to prepare plus it's super delicious.
Date published: 2017-01-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hunie from yummy! it is so fast! I would use less cream cheese next time, it really over powers the strawberries
Date published: 2016-03-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by FoodieKnits from Love it! Will definitely make this again! Super easy, super quick, super tasty! This can easily be made lactose free by using lactose free cream cheese and lactose free milk (instead of the half & half). I made mine with Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese) and 1% Lactose free milk and it came out great!
Date published: 2018-06-10