Stress-Free Turkey Gravy
With the help of your Vitamix, create a turkey gravy that’s so easy to make, you’ll have more time to enjoy your family meal.
- 28 g (1 fluidounce) unsalted butter
- 31 g (¼ cup) plain flour
- 480 ml (2 cups) turkey stock
- ½ chicken bouillon cube
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bay leaf, dried
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make a roux in a medium skillet by melting the butter over medium heat and gradually whisking in the flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, just until golden brown and aromatic. Transfer roux to a plate and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, combine the stock, bouillon, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Heat to a gentle simmer, about 90°C (200°F), then remove bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer mixture and the roux into the Vitamix container.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||54 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|