With fresh tomatillos, Ancho chilli, garlic, and onion, this traditional Mexican sauce can be used to add spicy flavour to a wide variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
- 455 g (1 pound) tomatillos, peeled, quartered
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dried Ancho chilli
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauté tomatillos, onion, and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes. Pour in water, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place tomatillo mixture, oregano, Ancho chilli, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes.
Use on a wide variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|