Tomato Basil Pesto
With tomatoes, almonds, and spinach, this sauce puts a unique spin on classic pesto and makes a great topping for fresh-cooked pasta.
- 120 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 730 g (4 large) tomatoes, halved
- 20 g (½ cup) fresh basil leaves
- 15 g (½ cup) fresh spinach
- 6 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 145 g (1 cup) blanched almonds
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place olive oil, half of tomatoes, basil, fresh spinach, garlic, salt, almonds, and black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add in remaining tomatoes and secure lid. Select Variable 4.
- Pulse 10-15 times using the tamper to press the ingredients towards the blades.
240 ml (1 cup) of pesto coasts 455 g (1 pound) of cooked pasta. Store extra pesto in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
|Serving Size||66 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|