Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
If you're craving a creamy chocolate ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth, enjoy this one that won't have you missing dairy or sugar!
- 780 ml (3¼ cup) cashew milk
- 230 g (2 ) sweet potato, baked, peeled
- 120 g (1 ) medium bananas, peeled
- 33 g (⅓ cup) raw cashews
- 780 g (6 cups) ice cubes
- 80 g (6 ) medjool dates, pitted
- 40 g (½ cup) 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1
- minute 30 seconds or until mixture is very smooth.
- Pour 3 cups (720ml) of the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 6 hours until solid. Reserve the remaining liquid in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Once ice cubes are completely frozen, remove from trays and let them sit on the counter for 10 minutes. Measure 1.5 cups (360ml) of the reserved liquid into the Vitamix container, then add all the ice cubes. Secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 30-40 seconds or until mixture is processed.
- In about 30-45 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Standard ice cube trays hold about 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) of liquid per cube, so you will likely need to fill 1 1/2 trays and freeze them. If you have any remaining liquid left over after measuring and freezing, use it as a sauce to pour over scooped ice cream! Silicon ice cube molds work best. To bake the sweet potatoes, wash thoroughly and place directly on oven rack, baking at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes or until tender. Do not boil or steam them as the excess moisture will change the quality of the blend. Be careful not to use a banana that is too ripe, or its flavor will overpower the ice cream.
|Serving Size||127 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|