An ideal appetizer option for vegetarian guests, these cakes can be turned into bite-size portions by using a smaller scoop.
- 2 large eggs
- 120 g (1 ) parsnip, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 50 g (½ cup) almond flour
- 3 g (2 Tablespoons) oregano, fresh
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 60 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, halved
- 90 g (3 cups) spinach, fresh
- 150 g (1 cup) sun-ripened tomatoes, drained
- Place egg, parsnip, garlic, salt, pepper, flour and oregano into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on slowly increase speed to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blade.
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until tender about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes cook until wilted.
- Add mixture to the mixture in the Vitamix container.
- Select Variable 5.
- Switch machine on and off quickly to pulse. Pulse 6 to 8 times to incorporate.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop batter out onto parchment with a #40 scoop.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
The texture of these come out like crab cakes and make a great vegetarian holiday hors d’ouerve.
|Serving Size||1 cake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|