A twist on the classic, chef Seamus Mullen's version uses the sweet, juicy flavors of watermelon for a splash of summer.
- 250 g (2 ) red pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- 454 g (1 pound) seedless watermelon, seedless, chopped
- 900 g (2 pounds) red heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 450 g (1 pound) english cucumber, peeled, quartered
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded, diced
- 2 scallion
- 1 garlic clove
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) lime juice
- 5 g (⅓ cup) fresh coriander leaves
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 ½ teaspoons Maldon salt
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Roughly chop the roasted red pepper and cut the corn off the cob. Combine in a large-size bowl with watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add chipotle, adobo sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, and kosher salt and lightly mix.
- Place a third of the mixture into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients. Thoroughly chill before serving.
|Serving Size||121 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Watermelon Gazpacho is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dogma from Fantastic -- A Must have on a hot day. I made this on one of the hottest days of the year - a first time making and we were having family over for dinner. It's easy to make and has a TON of flavor. The recipe makes plenty. The second time I made it I cut it in half -- just for the two of us and it was great - lunch and dinner. A definite thing to have on those hot days. My new favorite.
Date published: 2018-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by B Li from Delicious, refreshing and a huge hit! I followed the recipe almost exactly but for various reasons had to sub canned corn. It was fantastic and very easy to make! Roasted fresh corn would have made it even more delicious.
Date published: 2019-06-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by lovemyboxers from Surprisingly Good Love this recipe. The watermelon is not overpowering and helps cut the acid of the tomatoes and peppers. Most people cannot even tell it has watermelon in it. Great for company. So tasty.
Date published: 2018-06-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by keepcatssafeindoors from The video ingredients does not match the recipe? I will follow the printed version of this recipe - and it is this typed version that has received all these 5 star reviews. I do not like the version in the video because it is not vegan.
Date published: 2019-08-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by daynichka from Delicious soup! I've made this several times now and its always delicious.
Date published: 2017-02-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by Paula Joy from Why is the watermelon gazpacho VIDEO different? I made the recipe in the video. It was delicious. Are people commenting on that one, or the one written above? I would like to know which is better. Why are they different recipes?
Date published: 2020-07-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by SandraG54 from Vitamix I bought my vita mix machine two years ago and I cannot live without it it is a fantastic machine a lifesaver economic and very healthy food recipes love it love it love it
Date published: 2020-05-07