Apple Pear Sauce
With no added sugar, this fruit purée is a sweet treat.
- 2 apples, seeded, cored, quartered
- 2 pears, seeded, quartered
- 120 ml (1 cup) water
- Combine fruit and water in a microwavable safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Steam in the microwave for about 5 minutes until the fruit is very tender. Cool.
- Place soft fruit and reserved liquid into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Puree program or Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle or increase spped to Variable 10.
Add enough of the reserved steaming liquid, breast milk, or formula to thin the puree to a consistency your baby can handle. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or spoon individual portions into ice-cube trays or baby-food freezer containers and freeze, covered, for up to 3 months.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|