Asian Asparagus Salad
This salad is perfectly suited for a dinner party! The ginger sesame dressing can be used as a marinade for chicken or beef, and even as a dipping sauce for sushi and sashimi. Feel free to substitute cashews if there is a peanut allergy in the group.
- 200 g (2½ cup) green beans
- 110 g (2 cups) asparagus, trimmed
- 150 g (1 cup) broad beans
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soya sauce
- 1 Tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 5 g (1 bunch) stemmed and chopped coriander
- Steam asparagus, green beans, and broad beans together for 6 minutes, or until tender.
- While vegetables are steaming, toast sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds in a small sauté pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow the toasted mixture to cool slightly. Transfer to the container and add soy sauce and peanuts.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Toss steamed vegetables with dressing and chopped coriander.
- Garnish with additional chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
|Serving Size||150 g (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|