Similar to hummus, this baba ganoush makes for an elegant appetizer or a great mid-afternoon snack.
- 1 aubergine
- 2 courgette
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon zaatar seasoning
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Place the eggplant and zucchini directly over an open flame on your gas stove or grill. Leave to char, turning every 5 minutes so that the vegetable skin is completely blackened and the insides are soft.
- Once ready, place in a colander in the sink over a bowl and leave until cool enough to handle. Peel the black skin away and discard.
- Place roasted flesh in a sieve and squeeze out as much liquid as possible with the back of a large spoon.
- Place the flesh into the Vitamix container along with the other baba ganoush ingredients.
- Select Variable 5.
- Start the machine and blend for 30 seconds.
- Check the seasoning and add lemon juice and salt to taste, then transfer to a serving bowl with a pinch of zaatar seasoning.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|