As delicious as it is vibrant in colour, this hummus recipe uses beetroots for distinct flavour and added nutrition.
- 120 ml (½ cup) Tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 425 g (15 ounces) tinned garbanzo beans, with liquid
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ garlic clove, peeled
- 2 beetroot, quartered, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place tahini, lemon juice, lemon rind, garbanzo beans with reserved liquid, cumin, salt, garlic, beetroot, oil and water into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, or the "Purees" program.
- Turn machine on and run for 30-60 seconds, or allow machine to complete pre-programmed cycle. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Serve garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika.
|Amount Per Servings|