Chile Lime Shrub
A tequila-based cocktail, balanced with honey, crushed red pepper, and citrus.
- 2 limes, peeled, seeded and halved
- 180 ml (¾ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 150 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 480 ml (2 cups) tequila blanco
- 360 ml (12 fluidounces) Campari
- 180 ml (¾ cup) lemon juice
- 175 ml (¾ cup) lime juice
- 260 g (2 cups) ice cubes
- Place the limes, vinegar, sugar, honey, and red pepper flakes in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly reduced. Let cool and then strain into a jar, cover, and chill.
- Place tequila, Campari, lemon juice, lime juice, chilled vinegar mixture, and ice cubes into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Divide between glasses filled with ice.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|