Chipotle Cheese Fondue
Chipotle chilies and fresh chopped cilantro give this fondue a Mexican flair. Serve with tortilla chips, plantain chips, smoked chorizo sausage, steamed seasonal vegetables, red peppers, or tomato wedges for an instant fiesta.
- 240 ml (8 fluidounces) lager beer
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chipotle chilli
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 225 g (8 ounces) Gruyère cheese, cubed
- 225 g (8 ounces) Emmental cheese, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Place all ingredients, except cilantro, into the Vitamix container in order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4. Remove lid plug.
- Add cilantro through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug and blend for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot.
For cheese fondues, always start with cubed cheeses, cold from the refrigerator. For dippers, try plantain chips, tortilla chips, smoked or dry cured sausage, steamed seasonal vegetables, red pepper, and tomato wedges.
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|