This homemade version of your favorite topping is sweetened with dates.
- 590 ml (2½ cup) cashew milk
- 55 g (2/3 cups) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 140 g (1 cup) dried dates, pitted, halved
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 2 minutes, using the tamper as needed, until mixture is smooth and warm.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Chocolate Sauce is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Babydoc from Amazing! One of the first recipes I made in my A3500 Vitamix. Delicious! Mistakenly put in freezer and hubby thought it was an ice cream. Scooped some out for the family - BOOM - frozen chocolate mousse!
Date published: 2018-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by mary e from Ohio from Very yummy I actually made this from the recipe book that came with my blender and it is slightly different, calls for six oz of bitter sweet chocolate to be added. I wanted to avoid sugar, si I used just bitter and in place of the vanilla I added vanilla, liquid stevia and one or two more dates and it was delicious, but more of a pudding consistency, than sauce. Will have to give this one a try, as it seems it would be much easier.
Date published: 2019-06-11