This is a great dish to cook for the whole family. Homemade, tasty, and easy. Enjoy this dish served with seasonal root vegetables.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 1 large egg
- 400 g (14 ounces) white fish (cod, sole, pike)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon potato flour
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons leek, white parts only, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion, peeled, diced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select
- Variable 5 and pulse 3 to 5 times to get a chunky texture (do not process unti smooth).
- Form round cakes using ⅓ cup portions of the mixture. Cook in a buttered frying pan for approximately 3 minutes per side.
|Serving Size||1 cake|
|Amount Per Servings|
Fish Cakes is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Aryn from Delicious I wanted to try something different, and I had the ingredients for this lying around. The fish and everything blended up alright. I needed to pulse one more time than it suggested because when I was about to dump it into my mixing bowl, there was a giant piece of fish still on top. I felt like they needed a little bit more potato flour, but I didn't add it. I formed the fish cakes and put them on my buttered hot cast iron skillet. They stuck like crazy. I cook salmon fillets with the skin on in this skillet, and they don't stick like this... Maybe stainless steel would have been better. I wish that the recipe specified. The fish cakes didn't hold their form well, and I seriously doubted they were cooked properly due to them falling apart during turning. I ended up microwaving them a few seconds. Other than the stress of making them, my family thought they were awesome and gave me many compliments. I guess the recipe was pretty good and maybe my choice of cookware wasn't the best...
Date published: 2019-08-04