Christmas Fruit Smoothie
Cranberries and apple pie spice turn this smoothie into a Christmas celebration. Unlike other Christmas treats, this one comes with no regrets.
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 400 g (2 ) gala apple, or mild sweet apple, halved, seeded
- 400 g (2 ) D'Anjou pear, halved, seeded
- 6 pitted dates, ¼ cup honey, optional
- 50 g ( ½ cup) cranberries
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 260 g (2 cups) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
|Serving Size||358 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Christmas Fruit Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Camp Nanny from Great product This recipe I s a keeper. Love the spices. I didn't have Apple pie spice so I used a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Date published: 2017-11-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Starvel from So good This tastes good. I’ve never added spices to my smoothies before but now I open to it. I used pumpkin spice, skipped the honey, & added only 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
Date published: 2018-11-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nancymae54 from Great for Christmas I don't core or seed my apples or pears. I love smoothies
Date published: 2017-12-04
Rated 3 out of 5 by EricaAg from Meh. I don't know if it's the apple pie spice I bought but it this smoothie had way too many spices in it. Also, wasn't sure how much water to add since the recipe says 1 cup (120 mL), 120 mL is only 1/2 cup. I added the full cup and it was too watery! I'm going to try to make this again next week with less spice and less water.
Date published: 2020-01-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by HollyD from This was YUMMY! My girls and I think this was really yummy! But I will probably make it with less apple pie spice next time so the fruit flavors can shine through a bit more. We used a pink lady apple as our apple and fresh cranberries instead of frozen.
Date published: 2020-11-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by DeDe from Yummy! Tried this smoothie this morning and all I can say is Yummy, yummy...
Date published: 2016-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by katiekip9999 from love it Vitamix is the best blender hands down and great food ideas!
Date published: 2021-01-22