Homemade Pumpkin Purée
Instead of buying store-bought canned pumpkin, make your own pumpkin puree at home easily in your blender.
- 240 ml (1 cup) cashew milk, or skim milk
- 1 small baking pumpkin, halved, roasted (about 3½ lbs pumpkin)
- 1 whole cinnamon stick, about 3"
- Preheat oven to 400°F. To roast your pumpkin, wash the outside well. Cut in half and place skin side down on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Cut pumpkin into pieces that will fit into your blending container, seeds and skin included. Discard the stem. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
For a thicker purée, use less milk. To thin the purée, add a little more milk. Season to your liking with your favorite seasoning like pumpkin pie spice, pepper, or fresh ginger. Utilizing the whole pumpkin is a great way to add extra fiber and nutrients to your purée, and to minimize food waste. If you have leftover pumpkin, soups or smoothies are a great vehicle for leftovers to give an extra boost of flavor or creamy texture!
|Serving Size||58 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|