Lemon Pound Cake
Serve this lemon pound cake with our Macerated Berry Topping and Whipped Cream for the perfect summertime treat.
- 113 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 400 g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 180 ml (¾ cup) reduced fat buttermilk
- 2 lemon, juiced, zested
- 375 g (3 cups) plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Prepare two loaf pans by lightly coating each one with cooking spray and a dusting of flour.
- Add butter, sugar, and eggs to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and start the machine. Remove the lid plug and use the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Slowly increase speed to Variable 6 and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add buttermilk and lemon zest to the container. Secure the lid and blend on Variable 1 for 10 seconds.
- In a metal bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in the Vitamix container. Secure the lid, remove the lid plug, and insert the tamper.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase speed to Variable 6. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
- Remove the lid and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the container. Carefully portion out the batter between the two prepared loaf pans, and tap the pans onto your table to even out the mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 1 hour, then slice and serve with macerated berries and whipped cream.
|Serving Size||80 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Lemon Pound Cake is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Puppylover111 from Awesome! I love this recipe! At first, I thought it wouldn't work but it did and tasted amazing! I will definitely use this again.
Date published: 2019-03-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by K_Sarah from Delicious! This recipe was super easy to follow and turned out PERFECTLY! I opted to add a lemon glaze to the warm pound cakes, and it made it even better. Perfect texture and taste - and this was my first time making a pound cake! I can't believe how easy it was to do in the Vitamix!
Date published: 2021-07-10