Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette
A tart and tangy dressing or chicken marinade with pleasant cheese overtones.
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 4½ teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 25 g (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- Place balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic, salt, fresh herbs, Parmesan, pepper and 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Pour remaining 60ml (¼ cup) oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until emulsified
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VitaNewbie from Fabulous Sald Dressing! :-D I'm a VitaNewbie and am having sooo much fun discovering new/old foods I love and Vitamix recipes. Who knew I loved spinach smoothies?! This recipe, like my going green smoothies, is absolutely delicious. Omg. I love salad dressing and was looking for a recipe to use with my Vitamix. I had all these ingredients, including organic balsamic vineger, and had to give this a shot. Delish!! Amazing taste and the lemon gives it a lovely little extra kick. I doubled it so I could add it all to a mason jar. Ooh, baby this is a keeper. I. Love. My. Vitamix. And I've only had it 4 days now.
Date published: 2016-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by RobinE from Great marinade! The prep for this is a bit time consuming as it calls for quite a bit of fresh thyme (and that requires quite a bit of "de-leafing," so as a dressing it's not worth it. However, I prepared a double batch and used half as a marinade for my chicken tenders. I let them sit overnight and then poured chicken and marinade into a baking dish and baked for 45 minutes at 350. What came out of the oven had an incredible flavor and the parmesan created a moist "crust" over the chicken. I will stand in the kitchen for 20 minutes JUST to pluck thyme in order to make this marinade because it's that good.
Date published: 2018-02-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by RachelP from Delicious! I only had dries herbs on hand, but this recipe was still so great and everyone loved it!
Date published: 2016-07-20
Rated 3 out of 5 by Maria1 from Not sure Lemon is overpowering, making it too bitter to my taste.
Date published: 2017-11-19