Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto
A rustic accompaniment that showcases the flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and basil, ideal for tossing with hot pasta or serving with crusty bread.
- 340 g (4 ) large red bell pepper
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 150 g (1½ cup) walnuts
- 140 g (1 cup) sun-ripened tomatoes
- 40 g (1⅓ cup) fresh basil leaves
- 100 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese, or soy parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 240 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200° C (400 °F). Halve and trim red pepper, place skin side down on oven rack. Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until skin is well shriveled but not blackened. Place in plastic bag for 15 minutes to steam.
- Place garlic cloves in medium-sized saucepan, add cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft enough to pierce with a fork. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||15 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mamma Mia from Excellent on top of a bed of shredded zucchini Love this recipe for Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto I have served it for lunch to friends and it has always been a big hit. Most of the time I serve it on top of a bed of zucchini and I end it with a layer of portabello mushrooms and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Date published: 2017-05-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mamma Mia from Love this pesto I have had my Vitamix for a little over a month now and I have been making this recipe once a week ever since I discovered it. I shred zucchini and top with this spread and top the spread with mushroom and sprinkle with cheese and put it in the oven at 425 for 7 minutes
Date published: 2017-05-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Two Ton Yogi from Yo!! This is my favorite thing I've prepared in my vitamin. So easy to make and completely delicious. I suggest this recipe highly!!!
Date published: 2016-09-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mimimendia from Love it! Just made it and loved it. Only changes were salt substitute as Im on a low salt diet and minced garlic instead of fresh garlic cloves. Used it as a dip for low sodium wheat thins. Delicious!
Date published: 2020-02-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Abbigail from Great recipe for celiacs I have celiac disease and this pesto recipe is GF and is delicious on GF pasta and makes a great snack with GF crackers.
Date published: 2021-02-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ria1 from So delicious My grandkids loved it with veggies. I loved giving them healthy snack alternatives
Date published: 2021-02-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Leanneccc from Yum! Pretty versatile, was used on crackers and was also used in a white sauce.
Date published: 2021-01-30