Sweet and Sour Cucumber and Watermelon Salad
A bright, fresh side dish perfect for any summer picnic or cookout
- 120 ml (½ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 100 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 30 g (⅓ cup) spring onion, sliced
- 380 g (3 cups) cubed watermelon
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- Place vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the blade base.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds, until ingredients are combined.
- In a mixing bowl, toss sesame seeds, scallions, watermelon, and cucumbers with the blended dressing. Allow to marinate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size||220 g (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Sweet and Sour Cucumber and Watermelon Salad is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bethy from Suoer tasty The dressing is really good, tbh one does nkt need a vitamix for it. I heated the vinegar and sugar together in a pot on the stove to dissolve. I think black sesame seeds would make a better effect visually. And it could handle cilantro. I did just as the recipe said as far as ingredients and it was really tasty
Date published: 2018-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mamoo from Great tasting This is a great tasting light salad. My family loved it, and they don't always love healthy. I made it by the recipe. Wouldn't change a thing!
Date published: 2019-08-28