Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Pineapple adds additional sweetness to the naturally delicious sweet potatoes in this side dish.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 85 g (½ cup) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 40 g (½ cup) rolled oats
- 50 g (½ cup) pecan halves, unsalted
- Roast the potatoes for 45 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
- Scoop out the insides of the potatoes.
- Place potato pulp, pineapple and vanilla into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Remove puree to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the oats and pecans in the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Turn the machine on and off to pulse 3 times, leaving some texture.
- Scoop the potato puree into the potato skins and top with the oat and pecan mixture.
- Place on baking tray and bake for an additional 15 minutes to brown the oat nut mixture.
This recipe uses whole food ingredients to provide natural sweetness. Each potato (with the skin) provides half of your daily requirement for fibre!
|Serving Size||1 potato|
|Amount Per Servings|