Vitamix Pizza Soup
Change up the ingredients of this 4-minute soup as easily as you change up your pizza toppings.
- 1 garlic clove
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 40 g (4 ) mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g (½ cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 g (8 slices) pepperoni
- 1½ ounce italian sausage, cooked, drained, broken into small pieces
- 360 ml (1½ cup) water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 45 ml (2½ Tablespoon) tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 55 g (½ cup) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 g (2 Tablespoons) grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and one Roma tomato in the olive oil until tender.
- Mix pepperoni and cooked sausage together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place water, half of the sautéed vegetable mixture, 2 tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1-3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add remaining half of sautéed vegetables, meat mixture, and cheeses through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5-10 seconds.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Vitamix Pizza Soup is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cady from Quick, delicious, easily adaptable Full disclosure: I used this as more of an outline so I could scale down, accommodate allergies, and use what I happened to have on hand at the last minute. I used canned tomatoes, onion and garlic flakes, red bell pepper, no sausage or mushrooms, double pepperoni, and omitted all dairy. My substitutions/adjustments worked like a dream. Boyfriend said, " hey, it really takes like pizza." Crumbled crackers on top for a crust-effect/taste. Next time I'll use a little less water to keep the texture less brothy since I omitted structure/thickeners like dairy and mushrooms.
Date published: 2019-12-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Penny J from Super yummy! I love this recipe! I made it vegan though and it turned out wonderful! As my husband and I were finishing our bowlful we decided we couldn’t wait until we ate it again!
Date published: 2017-11-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Betted from Great soup! Tried this tonight and liked the slightly chunky texture. Will add one more clove of garlic and leave out sausage ( my husband just doesn't like it) and double pepperoni. Pulsed at the end when adding meat, instead of keeping it running on 2
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by my review from Awesome soup The receipt was very easy to prepare. I need to what my carbs and this is great as it has only 6 grams per 1 cup serving. It taste just like having pizza but without the crust.
Date published: 2018-02-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by rustyspoon from solid! Followed the recipe with the exception of the boiling water (used hot tap water). Turned out very good!
Date published: 2016-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by RobinE from Yummy and satisfying Prep time is worth it. While I love the quick recipes where you just throw everything into the vitamix and hit "soup" program mode, this one is worth the extra prep. We used a mild turkey sausage and the kick was perfect. If you like less spice, this works very well with regular ground turkey or beef. We usually top our soups with cheese, but the amount of cheese in this recipe is perfect so we refrained from garnishing to keep the calories and fat at bay.
Date published: 2018-02-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by IowaHawkeye13 from Nice and spicy! This is the second soup that I made with my new Vitamix. It was very easy to make and it has such wonderful ingredients. I bought Italian sausage from the butcher case and pepperoni from the Delicatessen and that gave this soup such a wonderful taste. I totally recommend this for anybody who likes Pizza.
Date published: 2016-05-08