Winter Spice Seasoning
This versatile spice blend will have you feeling the warmth of the holidays in every dish.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tablespoons crystalised ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 50 g (½ cup) dried orange peel
- 110 g (½ cup) light brown sugar, packed
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to push ingredients into the blades, if needed.
Mixed peppercorns can be substituted if unable to find pink peppercorns.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon|
|Amount Per Servings|
Winter Spice Seasoning is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by plaitedlight from Versatile Good blend; spicy, warm, sweet, and salty. Very easy to customize to individual taste. I had trouble with the mix packing up in the corners and beneath the blade. Perhaps my ginger or sugar were especially moist. If I make again, I will grind the other ingredients some before adding those.
Date published: 2017-12-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lala gal from Lots of uses Elle, you can use in pumpkin soup, spiced nuts, on popcorn, sprinkle on acorn squash and bake. Great in caramel popcorn recipes for a twist.
Date published: 2018-11-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by ElleToronto from What else can I use this for?! This is very tasty but what else can I use it for? I only used a tsp in my soup recipe and have a lot leftover. What do I do with it?
Date published: 2018-11-05