Yoghurt Baked Tandoori Chicken with Yellow Pea Compote
The Vitamix machine grinds the Tandoori spices to a fine powder for an even flavour coating.
Tandoori Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1½ Tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon saffron powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon ground fenugreek
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 10 seconds, until you have a powder.
- Put the powder in a bowl and leave in a warm place to infuse, stirring occasionally.
Split Pea Compote
- 100 g yellow split peas, soaked overnight
- 150 ml (⅔ cup) vegetable stock
- 1 red onion, peeled, diced
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori spice
- 1 tomato, quartered
- ½ cucumber, grated, strained
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Drain the split peas and put in a pan with the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook until the peas are tender.
- Strain and keep covered in a bowl.
- Heat a little ghee in a pan and sauté the onions until golden brown, season with a pinch of salt. Add the pepper and cook until tender.
- Add the Tandoori spices and cook for 2 minutes, then add the diced tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the cucumber and add to the pan, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest.
- Place the sauce into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into the bowl containing the peas. Mix in the chopped coriander and check the seasoning.
- Return to a pan and warm through.
Trim the chicken breast of any sinew or loose pieces of skin and dredge in yoghurt. Cover on a dish and leave in the fridge overnight.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|