Almond Leek Soup
Blending the subtle, sweet flavors of almonds, leeks and celery, this soup makes a delightful first course.
- 170 g (1 cup) almonds, blanched
- 1.4 l (6 cups) vegetable broth
- 230 g (2 cups) celery, diced
- 160 g (1 other) leek, white parts only, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer almonds in broth until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Sauté leeks and celery until soft.
- Add sautéed vegetables to almonds and broth. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature is 120˚F (65˚C).
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place soup back into a pan and heat on stove for about 10 minutes or just until it begins to simmer. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|