Balsamic Citrus Dressing
This light dressing is delicious on greens tossed with mandarin oranges and Chinese noodles, or as a chicken marinade.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium oranges, peeled
- 3 green onions, root trimmed
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 30 g (2 ) dates, pitted, or 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ lime, peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 120 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh.
- Place vinegar, lime, oranges, onion, garlic, dates, white pepper and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
Refrigerate in airtight container. Bring to room temperature and shake before serving over salad.
|Serving Size||30 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|