Chicken Potato Spinach Soup
A home-style soup with the perfect blend of creamy and chunky texture. (A delicious use of last night's cooked chicken breast, too!)
- 240 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 360 ml (1½ cup) milk
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 3 small russet potatoes, baked or boiled
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon spinach
- 125 g (4 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place broth, skim milk, onion, two potatoes, and rosemary into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add spinach and reserved potato through the lid plug opening and blend until potato is chopped, about 10 seconds.
- Drop in chicken and blend for an additional 5 seconds.
For recipe variation, use vegetable bouillon cubes and omit chicken stock to make this recipe suitable for vegetarian diets.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|