This homemade soy milk is a tasty dairy alternative, and can be used on cereal or in baking recipes.
- 200 g (1 cup) dried soy beans
- 2 pitted dates
- 840 ml (3½ cup) water
- Clean dried soy beans and soak in water for 4 to 8 hours. Steam for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain soy beans and let cool. Measure 1 1/2 cups (260 g) cooked beans.
- Place cooked beans, dates, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
To obtain commercial-style soy milk, strain the milk through a filtration bag or pass through a fine mesh sieve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For a refreshing flavor, add 1-inch (2.5 cm) cube of fresh ginger root before blending.
|Serving Size||294 g (1 Serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page