Winter Greens Soup
A smooth purée with a rustic flavor, blending kale, baby spinach, and zucchini with sautéed leek, celery, and garlic.
- 1 leek, cleaned, sliced
- 100 g (1 stalk) celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 720 ml (3 cups) low sodium vegetable broth
- 180 g (1 cup) tomatoes, diced
- 60 g (2 cups) kale
- 256 g (9 ounces) zucchini, halved, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 90 g (3 cups) spinach, fresh
- 15 g (¼ cup) Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- tomato, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, sauté leeks, celery, and garlic in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, kale, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat and let cool 30 minutes.
- Place half of the mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds. Pour into saucepan.
- Repeat with remaining soup. After blending, remove lid and add in fresh spinach, parsley and vinegar. Secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 5 times. Pour into saucepan containing other blended soup. Heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with chopped tomatoes and basil.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page