Apricot-Ancho Barbecue Glaze
The perfect combination of sweet and spicy, try this barbecue glaze with grilled shrimp, pork or chicken.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1½ cup (195 g) medium onion, peeled, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup (180 ml) ketchup
- ¾ cup (180 ml) orange juice
- ¾ cup (165 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) malt vinegar
- 2 ancho chilies, stemmed, diced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- 1 cup (165 g) apricots, pitted, sliced
- Sauté the bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat until almost crisp, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Simmer until the apricots are very soft, about 10 minutes. Taste the sauce and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer sauce to Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, until relatively smooth.
- The glaze is ready to use, or it can be cooled and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|