Avocado Yogurt Dip
Plain, low-fat yogurt creates this creamy avocado dip, a delicious alternative to standard salsa.
- 3 cups (680 g) almond yogurt, or plain yogurt, low fat
- 4 (540 g) avocados, pitted, peeled, halved
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small limes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 2 (30 g) jalapeños, seeded, halved
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- With a peeler or pairing knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients except cilantro into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Reduce speed to Variable 7 and remove lid plug. Add cilantro through the lid plug opening. Blend for an additional 10-15 seconds.
Leave seeds and membrane in jalapeño for a spicier dip. Serve as a vegetable dip, salsa alternative, or with seafood, poultry, or tacos.
|Serving Size||1 serving (59 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|