Beet Tomato and Macadamia Nut Soup
This creamy beet soup is well rounded with a little acidity from tomatoes, smokiness from the cumin, and is ready for add-ins of your choosing.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) water
- 4 (240 g) Roma tomato
- 2 (180 g) small beet, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ vegetable bouillon cube
- ¼ cup (60 g) macadamia nuts
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the lid plug opening
Try garnishing this soup with toasted, crushed macadamia nuts and fresh dill. Want to use vegetable stock just replace the water and bouillon cube with 3/4 cup of the stock.
|Serving Size||1 serving (328 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|