Carrot Soup with Maple Cream
The warming flavors of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with the maple in this carrot soup recipe.
- 1½ Tablespoon unsalted butter, or plant-based margarine
- 1 small (70 g) yellow onion, peeled, chopped
- 7 medium (454 g) carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- ¼ medium (40 g) apple, seeded, halved
- 1 (5 g) fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, apple, ginger, and cinnamon to the saucepan and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and simmer mixture until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- 1 cup (240 ml) Greek yogurt, or almond milk yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- 2 green onions, diced
- While mixture is cooling, stir together the yogurt, maple syrup and green onions in a small bowl.
- Once the soup mixture is cooled, carefully transfer into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of maple cream.
|Serving Size||1 serving (693 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
Carrot Soup with Maple Cream is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Caitlyn from So yummy This soup was amazing!! I was confused at first because there isn’t a measurement of ginger to add, so I eye balled it. It’s creamy, sweet, and the maple cream is to die for. My daughter has a dairy allergy. We subbed Greek yogurt for plain Kite Hill Almond milk yogurt. I will Be making this for a long time coming.
Date published: 2018-11-26
Rated 3 out of 5 by chicago59 from confused adding ginger is mentioned in the instructions, however, there is no measurement amount given in the ingredient list! Is this fresh ginger or ground ginger? And how much?
Date published: 2019-01-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by new to vitamix from Question The recipe states to mix in maple syrup after returning the soup to the pan after blending it. But the only maple syrup mentioned in the recipe is as part of the yogurt garnish. How much maple syrup should be mixed directly into the soup?
Date published: 2020-09-01