Carrot Soup with Maple Cream
The warming flavors of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with the maple in this carrot soup recipe.
- 1 cup (240 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 green onions, diced
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, yogurt and green onions.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of maple cream.
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple juice
- 4½ teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- ½ (60 g) small onion, peeled, halved
- 1 pound (455 g) carrots, halved
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the apple juice and carrots to the saucepan and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cinnamon, and vegetable broth. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute. Return to the saucepan and stir in the maple syrup.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Carrot Soup with Maple Cream is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Caitlyn from So yummy This soup was amazing!! I was confused at first because there isn’t a measurement of ginger to add, so I eye balled it. It’s creamy, sweet, and the maple cream is to die for. My daughter has a dairy allergy. We subbed Greek yogurt for plain Kite Hill Almond milk yogurt. I will Be making this for a long time coming.
Date published: 2018-11-26
Rated 3 out of 5 by chicago59 from confused adding ginger is mentioned in the instructions, however, there is no measurement amount given in the ingredient list! Is this fresh ginger or ground ginger? And how much?
Date published: 2019-01-31