Cashew French Onion Dip
A non-dairy solution to a party favorite, this dip tastes just like the real thing.
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cups (250 g) cashews, soaked 3 hours, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion flake
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on slowly increase speed to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Soaking the cashews produces a creamy texture that mimics sour cream.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Cashew French Onion Dip is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Holley from Vegan Worchester Sauce Annies's Naturals makes a vegan worchester sauce that is very good
Date published: 2017-09-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by soltanto from NOT VEGAN RECIPE! Dear Vitamix, you should be more serious when you use "vegan" word on your recipe. You suggest to use Worchester sauce in this "vegan" recipe but worchester sauce contains anchovies! And here's the news: anchovies are animals and vegans DO NOT kill or eat animals. Hope you will be more careful in the future.
Date published: 2017-09-02