Like traditional hummus, this recipe includes chickpeas but also uses cauliflower to add to the creaminess.
- 2 cups (200 g) cauliflower, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 15 ounces (425 g) tinned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside. Toss cauliflower florets with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, curry powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, chickpeas, sesame seeds, garlic, cumin, and roasted cauliflower into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|