Date Oatmeal Cookies
A combination of flavor and texture makes these cookies the perfect addition to your morning coffee.
- ½ cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup (210 g) brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 cups (160 g) rolled oats
- 1½ cup (220 g) dates, pitted, chopped
- ¾ cup (85 g) chopped nuts
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place yogurt, butter, brown sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Stir together the liquid from the Vitamix container into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the dates and nuts and stir. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough into balls (#20 scoop) and place 3-inches (7.5-cm) apart on a greased baking tray. Flatten to 1/4-inch (0.6-cm) thickness with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
Date Oatmeal Cookies is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jomartin from Very good My first recipe with my new Vitamix. Try it. It’s a new kind of biscuits.
Date published: 2019-01-08