Hearty Granola Cookies
A healthy dessert or mid-day snack, including Greek yogurt, raisins, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- 3 cups (275 g) rolled oats
- 1½ cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (125 g) wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 ml) honey
- ½ cup (120 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (210 g) brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (70 g) raisins
- ½ cup (50 g) slivered almonds
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (35 g) sunflower seeds
- Place Greek yogurt into a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth that is fitted over a bowl. Place bowl into refrigerator and strain for at least 2 and up to 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, wheat germ, baking powder and salt; mix well, set aside.
- Place eggs, vanilla, honey, yoghurt, butter and brown sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until a creamy consistency has been reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir together.
- Add raisins, almonds, sesame seeds and sunflower nuts; mix well and incorporate completely.
- Portion onto parchment lined baking trays using a #20 scoop (3 Tablespoon). Slightly form into cookie shapes, the dough does not spread during the baking process.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|