Nothing says comfort like a steamy bowl of delicious, healthy soup full of the nutrients only jackfruit can provide. For some fun and variety, just add cooked ramen noodles or pho noodles.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ (90 g) small onion, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups (540 g) jackfruit
- 1 (150 g) medium apple, cored, halved
- 2 (140 g) carrot
- 3 cups (720 ml) vegetable stock
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes until tender.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
If purchasing a whole jackfruit, try and make vegan pulled "pork" with the leftover fruit. Or try making the Vitamix Jackfruit Vinaigrette.
|Serving Size||1 serving (400 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||540 g|