Mushroom Coconut Soup
This rich umami packed soup will entice your taste buds.
- 1¾ cup (420 ml) coconut milk, about 1 can, shaken
- 7 ounces (200 g) mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cloves black garlic
- ½ cup (130 g) butter beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon Tahini, or sesame seeds
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes and 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes. Serve immediately.
- If you do not have black garlic, substitute with regular garlic cloves. For more intense flavor, adjust the amounts of tamari, tahini, and pepper. Tamari and tahini add saltiness to the soup so do not add any salt; taste it before adding.
- Try pouring this soup over roasted, chopped mushrooms for additional texture. Garnish with fresh herbs, sliced scallions or chives, or a dollop of Cashew Cream.
|Serving Size||1 serving (242 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Mushroom Coconut Soup is rated out of 5 by 11.
Rated 4 out of 5 by IH2019 from Really good! I added some bell pepper and a few leave of basil. It came out tasting fantastic!
Date published: 2019-08-08
Rated 1 out of 5 by rohare from I didn't like it I thought the coconut milk overwhelmed the soup, and the tahini didn't work either.
Date published: 2019-10-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by Icdabin from Tried several times As above getting better need to use the black garlic and double up increase the butter beans to thicken, used soy instead of tamarin, we like it. If your are into to mushrooms then try this, grated cheese on top and crusty bread good comfort food
Date published: 2017-09-10
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ellie4402 from Good soup First soup I've tried, very good, very strong mushroom flavour. I used crimini and regular garlic and chicken bullion. It was very thick when done, I thinned it out a little with stock and added more salt. Would also be great on a steak or pasta
Date published: 2020-06-28
Rated 1 out of 5 by Pilot dave from I don’t think the recipe is correct If you read the reviews everyone who gave a good review completely changed the recipe. I bought beef bullion, not sure if that was the correct choice. Besides that followed recipe to a T but the soup came out like a paste. I added a dash more coconut milk and it got a little creamier but it’s almost inedible. I’m social distancing and very disappointed in this.
Date published: 2020-03-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Federica from Love It! It came together very fast! I doubled the amount of beans and use 1 can of light coconut milk. Increased tamari x2 and garnished with some cooked sliced mushrooms and sorghum popcorn. Yum!
Date published: 2019-10-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Liloriniq from Amazing soup The best soup I’ve made in my Vitamix! I use tinned coconut milk as it’s creamier than the boxes ones and just normal garlic instead of black garlic.
Date published: 2019-10-30
Rated 3 out of 5 by Glyn from Very tasty. Stuck at home with the C-19 lockdown, decided to play around with the Vitamix. I love soup, especially mushroom. Cooked as the recipe with a few regional variations. The flavour was nice, however it was a bit to smooth, a bit more like a mushroom sauce for a steak rather than a soup. I think I will save the rest and use as a base for something else.
Date published: 2020-04-23